Yesterday, Monday, I came home a bit late from my internship. Around half an hour after I got home, ll sauntered over to my closet and asked if I was packing up and whatnot. I said no. About an hour after that, he came over again and asked if I had eaten anything yet. I said no, thinking that he would offer me some grub. For an alcoholic, ll is a really good cook in fact. He doesn't always have 5-finger dinners. But then he asked if I wanted to go to a restaurant. I said sure, why not. He was being friendly (so he had probably had some wine), but he wasn't to the point of being.. sloppy yet. It was also my last week here, and I didn't have any desire to cook. The guy also put me up in his home, not knowing if I was lying about having my wallet stolen or not. I think he... might be a good guy? Deep down? Somewhere?? You have to remember as well, when I first saw pictures of ll and met him for the first time, I thought he was totally uptight and boring. If he was going to be a bore at a restaurant, I could handle that. At least I could get something to eat. I mean for God's sake, look at his profile picture on facebook:

My GRANDMOTHER has a similar picture, although she doesn't look half as douchey as this guy.
He told me to look at the menu online, but my computer was having some problems. So I asked if I could use his computer, and he complied. I took a look at the menu, and I saw two gay dating sites open on his computer. I wanted to investigate further, but it was too risky with him standing behind my back. Hopefully I can check that out later... anyway. Of course he forced a glass of wine into my hand before we left, which I didn't drink. It was easy to pretend to drink in the total blackness on the balcony, without actually imbibing any alcohol.
We took our bikes to an ATM so he could get some cash, and then to the restaurant. The place was really nice, I should have known better. I looked like shit, basically. I had just gotten my haircut that morning and it looked terrible. I hadn't even brushed my hair, so the texture appeared to be similar to that of a brillow pad. My clothes were equally terrible, seeing as the only reason I got up in the morning was to go to my internship, where there were no other employees, and I dressed accordingly. The restaurant was probably one of the nicest places that I've been to in my life, to be honest. And thanks to the magic of the internet, you can even take a look here, if you are so inclined: http://www.caferestaurantdauphine.nl/nl/
Most of the people there were men (and some women) in business suits. It was incredibly uncomfortable for me, looking like a homeless street urchin. I'm sure it looked even stranger, given the fact that I was accompanied by an older black man. I wondered if people thought I was a prostitute, to be honest. But not one of those high class escorts, oh no, just some scraggly whore looking to suck somebody, anybody off so I could get my next hit of crack or meth. I quickly realized that ll was drunker than I thought. Perhaps he had downed that glass of wine without me witnessing the act.
We had to wait for our table by the bar. Uh oh. He brought over the wine menu and told me to pick something. I think wine tastes like shit to be honest, if you actually hold it on your tongue and really concentrate on the flavors. I'm sure that cologne is made by a similar process, and I imagine the taste is not that unsimilar. Why he asked me, I don't know. I chose the cheapest glass of wine, thinking that I was going to have to pay for this mess by myself. He then said, "Don't look at the price". HAHAAHA. Well come to find out, ll had no intention of taking just one glass of wine (I should have known better), but we were at the BAR, not an actual table yet. At that point I knew it was going to be a long night.
No comments:
Post a Comment